Some links on sometimes with Réne which take you to external websites are affiliate links. This means that I may receive a commission if you subsequently make a purchase from that site. The use of affiliate links helps fund the website (not a cheap undertaking by any means). It’s technically difficult for me to identify every individual affiliate link, so you should assume that any link on this site may be an affiliate link even though only a few are.
These affiliate links have no impact on my content and are independent. If I have affiliate links for a particular company in a post then I include them, if I don’t I usually include a direct link.
If I run a sponsored post it will be clearly marked as such.
By using cookies, information about visits and visitors will temporarily be saved by the website. Other websites may also recognize the device used through that same cookie. On each visit, various types of cookies may be used. Cookies allow a website to customize a visit, for example by: Remembering visitor preferences, improving the user experience and limiting the number of adverts or pop ups shown because it knows you’ve seen them before.
There are various different types of cookies used:
- Anonymous cookies that allow visitors to navigate the website, the information gathered by these cookies is not used for marketing purposes. If the use of these cookies is not allowed, various parts of the site may not function.
- Anonymous cookies that help us improve the website. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the site and which pages they visit. I use Google Analytics amongst other tools and wordpress plugins.
- Cookies placed by advertising and affiliate networks with the permission of sometimeswithrene. These will send advertisers (for example googlead users) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used and, in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This data is generally used for geographical targeting (showing non-UK ads to overseas readers, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing travel ads to someone who frequents travel sites).
- In some cases, cookies are used to reward us for the generation of leads or sales.
- Anonymous cookies that allow us to remember visitor choices and preferences.
Amazon Sometimeswithrene is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.